Sisters, Brothers and Friends,
Please find below tentative dates for our regional conferences.
Let me tell you that it was an almost impossible task to select dates that weren’t going to create a conflict with other events within PSAC and its Components and DCLs. In addition to that, I also had to consult Erin Sirett, Regional Coordinator, to discuss the staffing aspect of these conferences.
If we would have had more flexibility in terms of available dates, I would have consulted Regional Council and our Regional Committees but because we were extremely limited with the options we had to select, we didn’t have much choice.
In short, here are the tentative dates of our Regional Conferences:
- Forum for Committee Chairpersons + Regional Council Meeting: May 31st to June 4th at the Rodd in Charlottetown.
- DCL: November 16-17, 2019 in NS.
- Health and Safety: June 8-9, 2019 in NB.
- Women: October 4-6, 2019 (Location TBD)
- Racially Visible: March 14-15, 2020 (Location TBD)
- Regional Convention: June 26-28, 2020 at the Delta in St. John’s, NL
- Young Workers: September 19-20, 2020 (Location TBD)
Regional Executive Vice-President, Atlantic